Last week, the Queens County Young Democrats met at the Powhatan Democratic Club in Astoria to elect its 2018-2019 executive board.
Its new president, Adrian Drepaul, is the first Indo-Caribbean president in the club’s history.
QCYD, the youth arm of the Queens Democratic Party, focuses on political mobilization, voter and issue education, and professional development.
Here is QCYD’s new executive board:
- President: Adrian Drepaul
- Executive Vice President: Dori Ann Pliska
- Vice President of Political Affairs: Antonio Alfonso
- Vice President of Diversity and Outreach: Rianna Young
- Vice President of Membership: David Aronov
- Communications Director: Breeana Mulligan
- Secretary: Charlotte Martin
- Treasurer: Joy Chowdhury