Voting for participatory budgeting ends April 7!
Don’t forget to cast your vote for this year’s participatory budgeting!
Every year, residents ages 14 and over in District 22 can vote for their favorite capital projects to help decide how to best spend $1 million.
Here are the 13 projects that made it to this year’s ballot:
- Replace the auditorium speaker system at P.S. 122 ($300,000)
- Upgrade to high-speed WiFi at The Young Women’s Leadership School ($250,000)
- Electrical upgrades for 11 classrooms at P.S. 70 ($150,000)
- Install water bottle refill stations at P.S. 2, 17, 84, 85, 122, 151, 171 and 234 ($285,000)
- Install a new irrigation system, extra plant beds and new outdoor furniture behind the Astoria Houses Community Center ($500,000)
- Build an ADA-compliant ramp and install a low-energy door for Building 16 of the Astoria Houses ($400,000)
- Resurface the handball court walls at Woodtree Playground ($500,000)
- Resurface the handball court walls at Hoyt Playground ($500,000)
- Install a new picnic grove for Ralph DeMarco Park ($500,000)
- Put benches and gardens at 21st Street and Hoyt Avenue North ($500,000)
- Implement Real Time Passenger Information technology on bus arrivals across District 22 ($180,000)
- Additional support for renovations at the Astoria Library ($250,000)
- Upgrade the HVAC system at the Astoria Library ($250,000)
More than 3,100 residents voted in last year’s PB, including 2,000 online. You can vote for the project in person at the following sites, OR online at pbnyc.org/vote.